What is a tooth extraction?
- Removal of a tooth that is diseased and non-restorable.
- The dentists at SmileCrafters Dental® will walk you through the entire procedure to ensure your comfort. If you are anxious, our dentists will discuss our anxiety-relief sedations options (laughing gas, oral and IV sedation options).
- When a patient experience a severe toothache due to a decayed or damaged tooth, our dentists may recommend an extraction especially if the tooth is non-restorable.
- Extraction of non-restorable teeth will help rid your mouth of an infection and will decrease the chance of the infection spreading to other facial spaces and causing significant health problems.
- Your tooth extraction will be done under local anesthetic, with or without sedation (depending on your anxiety and comfort level)
- The tooth will be removed atraumatically, bleeding will be controlled and we will send you home with gauze and post-operative instructions.
- It is highly recommended to think about tooth replacement prior to extracting any tooth in your mouth.
SmileCrafters Dental® Wisdom Teeth Solutions after tooth extraction:
- Option 1: Extraction and bone graft . This option creates a foundation for a future implant.
- Option 2: Extraction and immediate implant placement. Only if specific criteria for immediate implant placement are met and there is adequate bone for an implant, can your SmileCrafters Dental® surgeon place an implant to replace your natural tooth.
- Option 3: Extraction only (followed by dental bridge or partial denture). This is when the patient heals for a 2-4 weeks and then receives a fixed dental bridge or removable partial denture.
How can I request an appointment?