What is a preventative resin restoration (PRR) or sealant?
- PRR is a thin, resin coating applied to the chewing surfaces of permanent molars and premolars (mainly the pits and fissures).
- More than 75% of dental cavities begin in the deep grooves of teeth.
- Teeth with deep grooves are difficult to clean and very susceptible to decay.
What are the benefits of preventative resin restoration (PRR) or sealant?
- Protects the tooth by sealing any grooves.
- Create smooth, easier to clean surface that are more responsive to regular daily oral care at home (such as tooth brushing).
- The procedure is very simple! It takes a couple minutes per tooth.
- The tooth grooves are cleaned and roughened to accept a preventive resin restoration (PRR) or sealant.
- Dental bond “glue” is applied to the tooth grooves and cured with a blue light.
- A resin material is then painted on the surface and cured with a blue light.
SmileCrafters Dental® Solutions for preventing cavities:
- Sealants are an easy and pain-free way to prevent dental decay and tooth loss in children.
How can I request an appointment?