What is a dental crown?
- A crown or cap covers a broken or compromised tooth and restores function and appearance of the tooth.
- If a tooth is broken (but restorable), or has a large filling or severe wear, a crown might be indicated.
- Most of the SmileCrafters Dental® crowns made today are all-ceramic (white) crowns as they blend in seamlessly with other teeth.
- Restores tooth function.
- Restores and enhances tooth appearance.
- Offer extra protection to damaged teeth.
- Under local anesthesia, a tooth is shaped to fit an all-ceramic dental crown.
- An impression of the prepared tooth is taken and sent to our dental laboratory for crown fabrication. In the meantime, you will have a temporary crown for 1 week.
- Once the crown is fabricated, it will be inserted in place of the temporary crown at your next visit (one week later).