What is a tooth extraction?
- Removal of a tooth that is diseased and non-restorable.
- The dentists at SmileCrafters DentalTM will walk you through the entire procedure to ensure your comfort. If you are anxious, our dentists will discuss our anxiety-relief sedations options (laughing gas, oral and IV sedation options).
What are the benefits of tooth extractions?
- When a patient experience a severe toothache due to a decayed or damaged tooth, our dentists may recommend an extraction especially if the tooth is non-restorable.
- Extraction of non-restorable teeth will help rid your mouth of an infection and will decrease the chance of the infection spreading to other facial spaces and causing significant health problems.
- Your tooth extraction will be done under local anesthetic, with or without sedation (depending on your anxiety and comfort level)
- The tooth will be removed atraumatically, bleeding will be controlled and we will send you home with gauze and post-operative instructions.
- It is highly recommended to think about tooth replacement prior to extracting any tooth in your mouth.
SmileCrafters DentalTM Wisdom Teeth Solutions after tooth extraction:
- Option 1: Extraction and bone graft . This option creates a foundation for a future implant.
- Option 2: Extraction and immediate implant placement. Only if specific criteria for immediate implant placement are met and there is adequate bone for an implant, can your SmileCrafters DentalTM surgeon place an implant to replace your natural tooth.
- Option 3: Extraction only (followed by dental bridge or partial denture). This is when the patient heals for a 2-4 weeks and then receives a fixed dental bridge or removable partial denture.
How can I request an appointment?
- If you have a dental emergency or require a tooth extraction, you do not need a referral for treatment. Please call SmileCrafters DentalTM at 905 648 0550 to book your FREE dental extraction consultation.