What is a root canal?
- A deep cavity, crack or chip can result in injury to the dental pulp. When the dental pulp is injured, bacteria can enter and cause infections, pain and swelling.
- Root canal therapy involves removing the damaged area of the tooth (pulp), cleaning and disinfecting it and then filling and sealing it.
What are the benefits of root canal therapy?
- Reduce and eliminate tooth pain and discomfort related to an injured tooth.
- Root canal therapy can treat and prevent infections in your teeth and also saves your natural tooth.
- A root canal is usually done under local anesthesia. It is very similar to a filling. Contrary to popular belief, a root canal is not more painful than a filling.
- When the tooth is numb, an opening is made to remove the infected pulp.
- The tooth is then cleaned and disinfected thoroughly.
- The tooth is dried, and the canals are filled with root canal filling material. A permanent filling is placed to seal the opening. A crown is highly advised to protect the root canal treated teeth (especially posterior teeth).
How can I request an appointment?
- Call SmileCrafters DentalTM at 905 648 0550 to inquire more about root canals and to book your FREE root canal consultation.