What is gum recession?
- Exposed tooth roots are the result of gum recession.
- Gum recession can be caused by:
- Gum disease
- Aggressive brushing or using a hard-bristled toothbrush
- Trauma to gums
- Thin gum biotype
- Tooth position (in many cases after braces)
What are the benefits of gum grafting?
- Repair and regenerate lost gums.
- Help prevent additional recession and bone loss.
- Protect tooth roots from decay and decrease root sensitivity.
- Improve aesthetics, function and periodontal health.
- Gum tissue from your palate or another donor source is transferred to the area of recession to cover the exposed root.
- The procedure is typically done under local anesthesia (freezing) with or without sedation (dependent on the patient’s comfort level).
SmileCrafters DentalTM Gum Grafting Solutions:
- Free gingival graft
- Connective tissue graft (palate)
- Alloderm connective tissue graft
How can I request an appointment?
- If your gum recession is affecting your oral health and or you would like to learn more about gum grafting, call SmileCrafters DentalTM at 905 648 0550 to find out how you can benefit from gum grafting and to book your FREE gum grafting consultation.