What is gum recession?
- Exposed tooth roots are the result of gum recession.
- Gum recession can be caused by:
- Gum disease
- Aggressive brushing or using a hard-bristled toothbrush
- Trauma to gums
- Thin gum biotype
- Tooth position (in many cases after braces)
- Repair and regenerate lost gums.
- Help prevent additional recession and bone loss.
- Protect tooth roots from decay and decrease root sensitivity.
- Improve aesthetics, function and periodontal health.
- Gum tissue from your palate or another donor source is transferred to the area of recession to cover the exposed root.
- The procedure is typically done under local anesthesia (freezing) with or without sedation (dependent on the patient’s comfort level).
SmileCrafters Dental® Gum Grafting Solutions:
- Free gingival graft
- Connective tissue graft (palate)
- Alloderm connective tissue graft
How can I request an appointment?