What is a white filling?
- Fillings replace lost tooth structure due to cavities or fractures of the tooth.
- White fillings (also known as dental composite fillings) are made out of composite resin (simple direct filling).
- Dental composites are a tooth-colored material commonly used as a filling material and with the proper application can “bond” to the tooth itself.
- Dental composite material may be a way to build, reshape, or change the color of teeth. This material can be used to conservatively alter the appearance of misshapen teeth as well as fill in places where cavities have been removed.
- White fillings can also be made out of stronger, more resilient porcelain (inlays and onlays).
- Inlays fit inside the tooth.
- Onlays fit inside the tooth and also extend onto the chewing surfaces of the tooth. They are made of porcelain and can be bonded to your teeth. They have an excellent seal and are stronger and more durable than composite fillings.
- White fillings provide a natural look that seamlessly blends with the rest of your teeth.
- They also remove decay and restore good function and aesthetics to your mouth.
- After your tooth is numbed (local anesthesia), the cavity is removed and the tooth is cleaned. Your SmileCrafters DentalTM dentist will bond the white filling in place.
- Your bite is then checked to make sure you are comfortable with your new filling!
SmileCrafters DentalTM Shade Match Guarantee Teeth:
- At SmileCrafters DentalTM, we pay attention to detail. Our fillings match perfectly in color to your existing teeth. If we did your filling and you are ever unhappy with the shade of your filling, we will replace it at no charge!
- Call SmileCrafters DentalTM at 905 648 0550 to schedule your dental filling appointment or to book a FREE consultation.