What is bone grafting?
- Your jaw bone undergoes significant shrinkage after tooth loss. Bone loss due to missing teeth, trauma, or injury can make it very difficult to place dental implants.
- Bone grafting replaces and augments missing bone and supports teeth in a natural way.
What is the benefit of bone grafting?
- Bone grafting can treat the bone loss and instability at the site, improve appearance and increase chances of success of the dental implant.
SmileCrafters DentalTM Bone Grafting Solutions
- Socket preservation. Done at time of tooth extraction, to preserve or augment existing bone in the site.
- Onlay bone grafting or ridge expansion. Increases the width of bone and allows proper positioning of implants.
- Sinus lift. Grafts bone inferior to (just below) the sinus so as to increase the height of bone in the area of future dental implant.
Source of bone
- Autograft: bone directly from the patient.
- Allograft: demineralized freeze-dried human bone obtained from a bone bank.
- Xenograft: bovine bone.
- Alloplast: synthetic materials.
- It takes 4-6 months from the body’s bone producing cells to replace the grafted material and form actual bone.
- Regardless of the source of bone (allograft or xenograft) the bone is very safe, is free of any disease, and comes with a unique certificate and ID number.
How can I request an appointment?
- Call SmileCrafters DentalTM at 905 648 0550 to find out how you can benefit from bone grafting and to book your FREE bone grafting consultation.